You may have already noticed, but we've changed our name! You are now reading 'Smartr Daily'. The change was overdue having discovered a company called 'The Productivity Pro' (We were ProductivityPro 😳).
We'd love to hear your thoughts on our new 'Sunday Edition', the name change, or anything else you'd like to share.
This week's top picks...
Anne-Laure Le Cunff | Ness Labs
'Have you ever come home after a long day at work, with a narrow window of time to eat, shower, and go to bed, but decided to carve out some leisure time at the expense of your sleep?'
Anne-Laure Le Cunff gives us the reality of 'revenge bedtime procrastination' and how to fix it. (6 minute read)
Rick Hanson | Psychology Today
'Step back from your situation, from whatever it is that you’re attached to, and try to hold it in a larger perspective'
Are you holding onto at least one thing that’s way past its expiration date? (4 minute read)
Caitlin Harrington | Wired
'Interpretation of “four-day workweek” seems to vary; some companies stick to 40 hours; many use a 32-hour week, but all insist that the same amount of work—at a minimum—must get done'
Workers say the shortened workweek is a success, but the reality is more complicated. (8 minute read)
Darius Foroux | dariusforoux.com
'It’s not the fault of companies and advertising agencies. They just give us what we want'
A foundational idea in modern society is that we all need to strive for more. You can see this everywhere, from movies, books, articles, to the way people speak in private. (7 minute read)
Kevin Dickinson | Big Think
'CEOs and celebrities plug it as key to their health, success, and happiness, while companies have adopted it to bolster innovation and productivity'
Mindfulness may be worthwhile, but only if we approach it with understanding and realistic expectations. (6 minute read)
📺 Video: Ted-Ed | 12 Min
🎙Podcast: The Psychology of Human Motivation | Modern Wisdom | 1 hr 11 min
Expect to learn why your goal setting is probably all wrong, how to overcome motivation dips, how to deal with negative feedback, why you shouldn't rely on willpower and self-control, the solution to juggling multiple goals at once and much more....
🤔 Something to think about: 'What appears to be luck is often preparation and patience. Mastering your circumstances starts with being ready' - Shane Parrish
1. Who painted The Scream?
2. Light My Fire was a 1967 single for which band?
3. Which physicist pioneered the nuclear model of the atom?
4. Quadriceps are muscles found in which part of the body?
5. Which English football team play their home games at Ashburton Grove?
6. Prince Philip served in which branch of the British military?
7. Which Spanish golfer won the 2017 Masters tournament?
8. Which animal might live in an apiary?
9. How many James Bond films starred Roger Moore?
10. Which Roman emperor ruled between 54AD and 68AD?
📰 Smartr Daily News & Updates
- Member Check: New free members in past 30 days - 216
- Quality Check: New sources added - 6, Sources removed - 4, Current sources - 101
- Other updates: Name change to 'Smartr Daily'. Introduction of 'The Sunday Edition'. Simplified feedback form (How did we do today? 👍 - 😐 - 👎)
Editor: Keith Allen
You, the curious reader are what makes Smartr Daily possible. Thank you for your continued support.